Pavan K. Varma has several translated publications to his credit.
- Selected Poems: Kaifi Azmi (Viking/Penguin 2001) is the English translation of the Urdu poems of Kaifi Azmi.
- 21 Poems (Viking/Penguin) a translation in English of the Hindi poems of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the then Prime Minister of India, was published in December 2001.
- Selected Poems: Gulzar (Penguin) a translated collection of the poems of Gulzar, one of India’s best-known poets, came out in April 2008.
- Neglected Poems, Pavan K. Varma’s second volume of translations of Gulzar’s poems was launched at the Jaipur Literary Festival in January 2012.
- Green Poems: Gulzar (Viking-Penguin 2014), a translation of Gulzar’s poems relating to nature and the environment.
- Gulzar’s translation of Pavan Varma’s epic poem Yudhister and Draupadi (along with its published original in English) was published by Penguin in December, 2012.